I have to admit that something I have been very prideful of, is despite having very dark hair and always seeming stressed, I have been gray hair free! Until this year that is.... For some reason this year just did me in and I now have have 5!! I have to say I am a little distraught and will resort to dyeing my hair if I get any more!
When I compare my year to others that I know, I do have to say that I have been truly blessed. So the attribution to my gray hairs is not a complaint but merely proper recognition.
I believe I have 5 gray hairs because of.....
- A major heart break.
- Two minor heart breaks. (I'm not sure how much rejection a girl can take in one year, but that could explain the recluse-like behavior I have been exhibiting lately)
- Roommate drama - it is now a goal of mine to rearrange my situation so that I am able to live on my own. It's called the "No More Roommates!" Goal.
- Having to fire a good friend of mine at work for backstabbing, manipulation, and basically trying to get my job by discrediting me. Guess he wasn't that good of a friend after all. Still, being a girl you take it all personally.
- Being the Young Women's president and being in charge of girls camp.
- Working with two boys who I'll call Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. If only our world could operate to their standards, then would we all be perfect. Their negativity, condescension and superior attitudes gets real old, real quick.
- Coming to the harsh realization that it is a very real possibility that I may have to face the rest of this life on my own.
- My family. That is the biggest blessing in my life. Without my family, I definitely would have found a hole and disappeared.
- My friends. There is nothing like a good friend with a water repellant shoulder for all my tears and a good sense of humor.
- The young women in my ward. As much as the calling stresses me out, I have loved watching them grow from girls to young women as they face and overcome the challenges in their lives.
- A good book. There is nothing like escape reading to take you out of this world.