I am 32, still single and trying to be a fiscally responsible individual. What that translates to is A LOT OF ROOMMATES! Close to 45 to be exact. That is way too many roommates, individuals, personalities, drama and bathroom sharing for one girl to put up with. I purchased a home a year and a half ago and to help out with the mortgage I have 2 roommates. It's a 1900 square foot, 4-bedroom home, so there should be plenty of room for all of us. I currently spend most of my time at home (which isn't very much) locked up in my room to avoid my roommates.
So here are my questions about roommates:
- Why do people not understand what the word clean means?
- Why is it necessary to have a chore chart when everyone in that house is over 30 years old? That's right 30 year olds and chore chart. So moms out there if you've got good ideas for a chore chart let me know.
- Why do I always attract the really needy people? Just on a side note, I think it's the same reason that I attract weirdo guys, which is probably why I'm still not married. So if anyone can seriously answer that question I will do something extremely nice for you, extremely nice.
- How does someone not know to clean the dryer vent out when you use the dryer?
- How does someone not know how to mow a lawn?
- Why can't people do things on their own instead of waiting for me to do something. Come on people, I am not your mother!
- How can someone manage to watch TV for 4 hours straight every night and not go insane?
- Am I an abnormally clean freak?
- Why when you open the pantry door and don't have any room to put another thing do you either buy more stuff and try to fit it in or not have the capability to clean it out?
- What is the phobia about emptying a dishwasher?
- What is the need to fill every single corner of space in the kitchen with crap?
- Why when you've actually vacuumed up a spill in the carpet, do you leave the vacuum sitting right in the middle of the floor? For how many days? I'm waiting to see how long it will take.
Now I realize that I am probably a little weary and have probably run out of patience with roommates, but, honestly can you blame me? We're all over the age of 30, and I've had more than 40 of them!
Hmmm, that kind of felt good. Beware you might be getting more ranting from me in the near future. Have a fantastic night!